January Opportunities: Grow Business Now!
Winter is here; the holidays are over. Some businesses are picking up, slowly or substantially; others are in hibernation, or worse, in the activity deep freeze. Regardless of your business status, don’t miss the opportunities to forge ahead, right now.
- Take stock of last year’s successes. Who were your big customers? What did you sell to them? How did they find you? What closed the sale? Look for similar customers to repeat success.
- Take another look at last year’s customers. How can you continue to serve them? What other products can you offer? Can you offer ongoing services? Work continuously to keep their loyalty, because every competitor is constantly seeking to lure them away.
- Focus your offering. Being everything to everyone is being nothing to anyone. For what specific customer are you the single best choice? Why should they buy from you and not a competitor? If you don’t know the answer neither will they. To make an impact, you must be the best, target the customer and communicate to them.
- Step back and envision tomorrow; it will be here before you can blink. Where is your market going? What resources do you have? What can you create to serve the market with a new product that meets their needs better than anything else? Be creative.
- Get into action. Don’t waste time while your competitors are surging ahead. Get moving. Try something. Invest in your business. The longer you delay, the more likely your competitors will seize the advantage, and the less time you have to make this year’s profit plan. Get the help you need to move wisely and quickly. Take action, assess results, make adjustments and try again.
The new year poses tremendous opportunities for those who act, and tremendous risks for those who do not. The market belongs to the quick and wise. Step into 2013 and take charge of business growth!
Entry filed under: business growth, Business growth: strategies & tools, business idea, business plan, Business Strategy, business tips, Customer service, profit, sales, small business, strategic planning, strategy. Tags: business growth, business ideas, business plan, ideas, marketing, process improvement, sales, tips.